joi, 24 ianuarie 2008

I miss the radio...

It was the beginning of September when I got a call from a friend, asking me if I want to spend my winter vacation at his place. Besides going there and enjoy a truly different atmosphere, he also said he would like to have me in his radio show. That’s because the show he was putting on air was on a concept we did together some years ago... At first I yelled, since I haven’t done that in the last years. After a few moments of giving it some thought, I started saying it wasn’t such a bad idea after all.
Got there, found my favorite radio mixer in the world, a Mackie, found the liberty of playing whatever I want without concerning about the money spent on royalties.
Still, something wasn’t feeling right... After a few sound checks, I wasn’t able to recognize my own voice. I was aware that after so many years my voice is different, but it didn’t sound like I was expecting. It was a Shure SM7B microphone and I was used to the standard SM58. There was two solutions: trying to accommodate my voice and put some inflexion into it in a way that would sound like it should or getting instantly a SM58, which I did. Ha-ha. SM58 being in place, everything sounded like it should.
I shouldn’t have done on air time. Doing it for some days made me realize but once you get to do it you always want to do it. Now I miss all that stuff, being on air and everything, the fever you’re experiencing when talking, playing music, having listeners on air and so on.
I mostly feel that what’s missing is the morning air show. God, I want it back...

Niciun comentariu: