joi, 24 ianuarie 2008

Sometimes, reality is different...

I got a call an year ago. The caller? Someone from the industry.
Motive? Pure and simple, the man needed somebody for a dtp job.
Where? Even more simple, it was someone I met a year before. When I wasn't looking for a change of job.
I said first "Let's hear it!"
Afterwards I regretted it... Not only I wasn't truly interested, but I also was extremely annoyed about the way he presented things.
There's no such thing as "a perfect world". Instead, we have a diminished impression of what a job is, a vague impression we offer the best, an even more indistinguishable way of rewarding and keeping the things straight.
Question: Why do you call up a men for a job if you know you can't offer him more than he has?
Answer: Because you think you're convincing and your strategy is based only on feelings.

Bottom line: A business is on the point of collapsing if you ever think that feelings would make a man quit a job and come work for you without offering him better conditions.

After a year, present days I mean, I got a mail from the same man. I was just interested in hearing what he want's to say. I thought characters never change. I was right.

Niciun comentariu: